(This video is from the National Science Foundation library and is 7 minutes long).
Explore the life of a snowflake.
The video is, “How to Capture a Snowflake?” It shows nature’s art and how we bring science to see and understand it.
The video covers:
- Origins of snowflakes.
- Nature’s art in snowflakes.
- Early attempts to photograph snowflakes.
- New equipment advances and how they work.
- Optimum place to photograph a snowflake on its journey to the ground.
- Gathering of information about snowflakes like size, shape, orientation, and speed of travel.
- Classification of types of snow.
- How different types of snow might affect road conditions etc.
No two snowflakes are alike!
Enjoy the video and share it with others.
The Futures Channel:
A Futures Channel subscription enlivens STEAM curriculum. Get access to 140+ videos and over 200 lesson plans (4 to 5 activities each). Yearly subscriptions are available for individual teachers.