Grade Levels: 6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade, 9th Grade, 10th Grade, 11th Grade, 12th Grade,
Common Core State Standard: 6.EE.6, 7.EE.4, A-CED.2,
Knowledge and Skills:
· Can evaluate expressions by substituting values for variables
· Can simplify expressions using correct order of operations
· Can do basic operations on both sides of an equation in such a way as to preserve the equality
If a batter goes into a game with a seasonal batting average of S after a total of T times at bat, and gets K hits in that game for N times at bat, his new batting average is determined by this equation:
1. Find the new batting average, A, for each batter in the line-up.
2. Find the missing number for each batter.