What is an exercise scientist?
It is someone who has trained to work with people to increase fitness, performance in sports, and overall health.
They study and understand the makeup of a human body, physical conditioning, diet, nutrition, injury prevention and sports.
An exercise scientist uses specially fitted gym equipment like exercise bikes, treadmills, weights and so on. People that they are working with are monitored for heart rate fluctuations, oxygen levels, loss of minerals through sweat and other changes in the body while they exercise.
Who might consider a career as an exercise scientist?
- Someone who enjoys sports.
- Loves working with and helping people.
- Likes to solve problems.
- Interested in practical applications of science and math.
- Interested in research and making improvements in this field.
Some of the specialized careers in exercise science include:
- Sports nutrition – healthy foods, drinks and nutritional supplements.
- Athletic training – ways to train for competition and general fitness.
- Biomechanics – study the impact of sports and exercise on a human body.
- Occupational – assisting workers with their fitness, increase efficiency and prevent job-related injuries.
Where does a student begin?
It begins with learning what is offered in math and science class which can eventually lead to getting a degree in the field of exercise science. As people get more and more into health and fitness demand for this profession continues to expand.
What guarantees the future of a student?
“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do” Pele (Brazilian athlete)
The Futures Channel:
Enliven your curriculum with a Futures Channel STEM Screening Room subscription. Access 140+ videos and over 200 lesson plans that contain 4 to 5 activities each. Yearly subscriptions are available for individual teachers.
Basic School License costs $235 and gives access to 5 teachers for 12 months. For inquiries about school licenses and to use purchase orders, please email email@example.com or call 818-557-3300 # 2.