Running time 2:12 minutes
What teenager isn’t impressed by a cool pair of sunglasses? In this video, Mark Flanagan talks about what is involved in design and manufacturing steps to create a pair of sunglasses. Can you see a need for math to accomplish these steps? The accompanying activity uses sunglasses as the topic for 20 common core aligned word problems appropriate for middle and high school level math classes.
• Twenty word problems that cover a variety of topics
• Fractions, decimals, percents, geometry, surveys, equations, functions, and more!
• Problems grouped by topic – easy to use for math stations
• Address common core standards such as designing with constraints and writing mathematical descriptions
• Would be great for end of year(or semester) review